- Our ICO registration number is ZA158238.
What information do we collect from you?
Information you give to us
We may collect and process the following personal information about you:
- General personal details, which may include:
- Your name
- Your residential addresses (including the address you will be moving from and the address which you will move to)
- Your contact details (email address and/or your telephone number)
- Your date of birth
- Account sign-in information, which will include the following as set by you:
- Video surveys, which may include the following:
- Your image
- Your name
- Your voice
- Details of your personal inventory and residential address
- Details in relation to requests for quotes, which may include:
- Your general personal information (as above)
- Video surveys
- Inventory list of items to be moved
- Information you provide when participating in Website discussion boards or social media functions, this may include personal data depending on the content of the information you provide
- Communications you send to us, by telephone, email or otherwise, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Website, our service, or general comments
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide.
The information detailed above will not constitute personal data.
Information we receive from others
We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, service providers, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with your data?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Providing our services to you
We need to process certain personal information in order to provide our services to you, which includes providing quotations for removal services and connecting you to our network of removal partners.
In order to deliver our services, your personal data may also be transferred to the following third parties:
- Our network of removal company partners, in order to provide you with quotes.
- Third-party credit reference agencies, in circumstances where we may need to assess your creditworthiness.
- Payment service providers, to facilitate the payment of our fees.
- Our technology partners, including our cloud hosting provider Amazon Web Services, to store your personal data securely.
Contacting you about our services
If you have given us your contact information, we may use these details to get in touch with you about the services we offer such as by following up on an incomplete registration process or to email you details of offers you may be interested in.
You may opt out of this at any time by telling us, or if we have contacted you via email, you will be given an option to opt out by clicking the relevant email link.
Improving our services
We may use your personal data to analyse how you are using the buzzmove service and to gain insights into how we can improve our products and services.
Customer Support and account administration
We may use your personal data to provide you with customer support or to investigate complaints or concerns about your account.
Related products and services
We may use your personal data to provide you with information on related products and services that you may be interested in, such as home contents insurance or utility providers. This information will be provided electronically, either via our website, app, or email.
We will not transfer any of your personal data to third parties for this purpose unless you give us your explicit consent.
Providing you with buzzvault Home Contents Insurance
If you have indicated that you may be interested in home contents insurance via our app, we will use your personal data and inventory information to provide you with insurance quotations with a view to entering in to an insurance contract with you. Your data will be shared with buzzvault Limited, our group company authorised to offer insurance products, as part of this service.
In order to provide you with quotes and deliver home contents insurance to you, your data may be shared with the following third parties:
- Great Lakes Insurance SE (GLISE), our insurance underwriter, part of the Munich Re Group
- Insly Limited, Our outsourced policy administration services management provider
- Davies Management Services, outsourced claims third party administrator
- Comply Advantage, third-party reference agency
- Stripe, payment service provider, to facilitate the payment of our premiums and fees
Providing information to third parties or buzzmove Group companies for marketing purposes and for related products and services
In certain circumstances we may ask for your consent to share your personal data with explicitly identified third parties so that they can contact you for marketing purposes or provide you with their own products or services. We will only do so if you have given us your explicit consent to share your personal information in this way, which can be given via a pop-up screen on the Website or mobile app. You can withdraw your consent at any time by writing to us at: Buzzmove HQ, Archer Street Archer Street Studios, 10-11 Archer Street, London, W1D 7AZ; by telephone on 0800 060 8462; or by emailing email@example.com.
Our lawful basis for processing your personal data
Under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required to tell you about the legal basis under which we collect and process your data.
We will only collect and process your personal data in accordance with one of the below lawful bases:
- Performance of a contract: This is where the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you, or you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract, such as providing you with a quote. This lawful basis covers the following purposes:
- Providing our services to you
- Our legitimate interests: This is where we collect and process data in accordance with our “legitimate interests”. Our legitimate interests include:
- Improving our service
- Providing you with marketing information about our services
- Providing you with customer support and administering your account
- Providing you with information about related products and services offered by the buzzmove Group
- Providing you with information about related products and services offered by our commercial partners
- Consent: You may be given the option to explicitly consent to share your data with selected third parties for marketing purposes or to sign up for related products and services. This will be via a separate notice via the website or app. We will never assume that we have your consent unless you have explicitly opted in, and you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
- Compliance with our legal obligations: We may be required to process or share your personal data in compliance with a legal obligation, such as in response to a request by law enforcement or when investigating a civil claim.
Data storage and international transfers
We take the security of your data very seriously, and all of your personal data will be kept according to strict safeguards and in compliance with the GDPR. Your data will be stored on cloud servers within the EEA and we will only store your data outside the EEA in the event that the jurisdiction in question has been assessed as compliant with the GDPR.
Automated decision making
When you enter in your personal and inventory details to obtain an initial quote using the buzzmove or gobuzzsurvey service, our technology uses this to automatically match you with suitable removal companies in your area and provide you with indicative pricing. This does not affect your legal rights.
When you provide us with your personal and inventory details to obtain a quotation for home contents insurance, our technology will use this information to provide you with an automated quote. This does not affect your legal rights.
- You have the right to be informed over what personal data we hold and how we are using it. This information is contained within this privacy notice.
- If you have consented to particular uses of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
- You have the right to “portability” of your personal data that we have collected with your consent or in performance of a contract. This means that you can request copies of all the personal data we hold for this purpose in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable form, and we will supply this to you free of charge on request. We will respond to these requests within one month, unless the request is particularly complex, in which case we will inform you of how long it will take as soon as possible.
- Where we are using your personal data in accordance with our legitimate interests, you can object to further use of your data. This objection should be based on grounds relating to your particular situation. If you object, we will stop using your personal data in this way immediately, unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal data which override your interests, rights and freedoms (such as requests by law enforcement) or we need to process your data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. You may always object to further use of your data for direct marketing purposes by clicking the “unsubscribe” button within marketing emails.
- You can exercise any of your rights by contacting us via the details at the bottom of this page.
How long we will keep your data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary. This means that we will retain your personal data for as long as we have an active contract or business relationship with you, and after this, we will only keep your data for as long as is necessary for the purposes which it is stored.
What happens if you don’t provide us with the information we need
As outlined above, some of the personal data you provide to us will be used in order to enter into a contract with you and to comply with our legal obligations.
Should you not provide us with the data we require to offer our service or request that we erase the personal data we hold, it is likely that we will not be able to deliver our services to you.
If you feel that we have not been complying with our obligations on data protection law or you wish to assert one of your rights, please contact us without delay using the contact details provided above.
Should you be dissatisfied with our response or wish to complain to the relevant supervisory authority, you can do so by contacting the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Contact details for the ICO can be found on this webpage